11.10.2009

Saturday Night Laments

Last evening an actress and friend of mine told me she worked on one of my favorite TV shows--a show for which I've been campaigning for an audition for years, literally.  I couldn't believe it!  Friday Night Lights, a show that films in and around Austin, TX, was in the Boston area filming all day Saturday!  My friend said she and some other actors were on set, discussing the fact I would be disappointed to know I wasn't working with them.  But she also pointed out that I didn't seem to fit the demographics the casting director was tasked to fill: college freshmen (an age bracket for which I can no longer pass, really) and university professors (I would look a bit under-age to most as a faculty member, don't you think?).  Didn't they need college seniors or grad students or an administrator or something?  Man!

No comments: