11.22.2009

Anew

A few weeks ago, I was invited to audition for a commercial for a company with well-known advertising. Though I had prepared to the best of my abilities, the audition didn't go as I had hoped and I wasn't offered the job. However, all may not be lost.

Yesterday, I was asked to come in and audition again--same casting director, same client--but for a different spot. Wow! Perhaps the client liked me and my last tape, but felt I might be better in a different role. I'm trying not to get too excited. (I've learned that maintaining a neutral perspective can be beneficial for me.) Nevertheless, I've ironed my outfit, updated my resume and I am reviewing last-minute details.

I attended a class a few weeks ago wherein the instructor imparted a constructive mantra that I should repeat for myself every once in awhile: "This will not be my last audition." My fingers are crossed, hoping this one proves fruitful.

No comments: