7.24.2009

I'm a bum.

Last night, still concerned about finding a necessary prop for the evening's scene for class and in a lovely moment of serendipity, while boarding the bus I bummed a cigarette off another passenger.  Really, it wasn't so hard.  The passenger before me was already dispensing one to the driver.  Before I could even complete the phrase, "Could I have one of those for my class?", he readily said, "Sure!", sticking the box in my face.  Then, revealing my ignorance, I inquired, "This is the end I use, right?"  After all, I was fairly certain the banded end was the filtered end, but more information can never hurt.  The passenger chuckled in disbelief as I explained the purpose of my cigarette need and the driver cackled in surprise.

I'd never held or touched a cigarette before yesterday, but my powers of daily observation and kinesthetic memory stepped up, making it look as though I'd been smoking all my life.  Despite my recent Marlboro experience, I was actually grateful to have this potentially-cancer-causing prop on my person.  Thank you bus passenger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... People who aren't so full of themselves tend to be the ones who achieve ...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, don't u think this blog is a bit self-indulgent ... so much naval-gazing ... time to be an adult ...