5.22.2009

Thank you for calling...

Yesterday I worked a voice over gig wherein I recorded a telephony system for a new company. I can't tell you the name yet because the company hasn't debuted. But you can go here, if you like. It was a great gig, though: efficient, fun and informative, and at my favorite studio in town. There were only a few pages of copy, and the read was quick. I was almost concerned because there were so few second takes, but I was confident in my reads, and both the client and the engineer conferred and agreed that I was very good. (Thanks!)

The majority of telephone copy falls along the lines of:

"Thank you for calling [insert company name here], your source for [company tagline here]. We are unable to take your call at this time, as all representatives are currently assisting other customers. If you'd like to leave a message, please press 1. If you'd like to continue to hold, please press 2. To hear a duck quack, press 3. To end this call now, press the pound key. Thank you!"

Yesterday's copy wasn't much different. And there are also the various sub-menu reads, such as:

"The [insert office name here] office is currently closed. Our hours are 9 AM to 8 PM Monday through Saturday. If you'd like to leave a message, please press 1. You may also visit our website at [website name here].com. For all other questions, please call back during normal business hours. Thank you!"

It's not the most obvious work in the world, but it is work and I'm grateful for it. (Once the company has launched, I'll let you in on the phone number so you can dial it to hear my in-studio efforts.)

No comments: