5.14.2009

1=3

Earlier this week I was called in to read for the impending dark comedy Serial Buddies, produced by Maria Menounos et al.  I had prepared the role requsted and perused the other available roles, identifiying another I had more interest in.  When I arrived, I signed in and tracked down a casting associate to find out if they would be auditioning the role that piqued my interest.  "No, we're not really sure what happened to that part, but why don't you read for these two parts in Valediction?"

Ooh.  Valediction.  Do I know this movie? 

In fact, I did not.  I'd never heard of it.  I can't seem to find any information about it at this time, either.  There is a movie by the same name from 2006, but that can't be it--it's already out.  Perhaps it's an adaptation of the Robert B. Parker novel by the same name?  I don't know for sure, but the description of the story seems similar to the sides I saw.

Either way, I got to read for three roles in two separate features.  Wow!  How often does that happen--showing up for one audition and getting three?!  Honestly, I don't think I'll be offered the role in Serial Buddies though I did my best, but I feel confident in my reads for Valediction.  Maybe I'll get one of them...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Valediction is an original script. The daugher of an estranged couple is suffering from a locked-in syndrome following the family's car crash. But the father believes she's trying to communicate with him.

Andy said...

Good luck, Alecia!

albertmchan said...

Valediction stars Danny Glover and Ben Barnes.