4.04.2009

Playing Tea Party

Earlier this week, I got to play tea party with a lovely young actress as part of a commercial campaign for multi-state supermarket company Stop & Shop.  I had the opportunity to work with another great Picture Park team on this project and meet some new people.  It was a busy, quick shoot though, so I didn't have a chance to tweet much

The call time wasn't too early at a private home, though it did look like a small invasion of trucks, vans and delivery vehicles had overtaken the quiet neighborhood.  I can't imagine what the neighbors must have thought upon stepping outside!  I made my way upstairs to hair and makeup to meet my young co-star and her mother.  I also found the wardrobe stylist with whom I'd had the fitting.  (This time, the chickens were nowhere to be seen or heard.)  The crew had expertly covered every surface in custom-cut cardboard in order to protect the floors:



My co-star read aloud to those of us in the room while I was in the hair and make-up chair:



The set was super-cute, arranged in a second-floor bedroom, including a complete camera dolly on a track!  (I think it was a Fisher.)  Other actors included: Mrs. Bear, Mr. Bear and Ms. Bunny with her son, Buster.  This is Mr. Bear, seated across from me with a microphone discreetly wedged between his double-chin and belly:


We did several takes, some re-takes, some close-ups and I tried to remember to smile whenever instructed to look at my watch.  I enjoyed myself despite my very hard, tiny chair.  I'm not sure when or where the spot will air first, but if I get a copy of the final product, I'll be sure to share it!

No comments: