3.16.2009

Bach Blurb

Yesterday I performed "Ich folge dir gleichfalls" from J.S. Bach's Johannes Passion as part of the worship services at Boston's Old South Church.  The other members of the ensemble were good friend Sam Ou, cello, and young parishioner Will Palmer, flute.  It went well, I think.  I was confident in my performance, had a good time while singing and feel the piece was well-received by the members of the congregation, including an interactive baby in the second pew that freely gave commentary.  Minister Nancy Taylor thanked me for my contributions at the end of the service with kind compliments.  Nice!

postscript: I neglected to mention that our ensemble performance was preceded by a ringing cell phone prelude.  Most apropos of a church service, don't you think? 

1 comment:

Kay said...

I love that aria! I also love reading your blog :)