2.24.2009

Extra, extra!

In the world of fun news: a short film I worked on has been accepted to the Wisconsin Film FestivalFate Scores will be shown during the festival, which occurs 2-5 April 2009 in Madison, WI.  I was assistant director under my good friend and performance colleague Albert M. Chan

Founded in 1999, the Wisconsin Film Festival is the state's premier film festival. This four-day annual festival takes place each spring in ten downtown Madison theaters (all walkable, TYVM), presenting new American independent and world cinema (narratives, documentaries, shorts, experimental films), restored classics and (of course!) the work of Wisconsin filmmakers. There are more than 150 films shown over the course of the event and it draws nearly 30,000 people.  

Exciting!  I haven't got all the details yet, but when I do I'll certainly post them here.  This isn't the most well-known of festivals, obviously, but it is the first acceptance for my little movie and I like to think it could be the first of many. 

3 comments:

albertmchan said...

Hey, don't forget that you sang in the original score by composer Christian Coleman!

Alecia said...

Oh, that's right! How silly of me to forget. Here...

Addendum: I also sang in the original score which was composed specially for the film by Christian Coleman. http://is.gd/kJ5T

Amelia said...

SO Cool! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the score!