2.15.2009

Allegro?

A week ago I sang the Allegro from Mozart's Exsultate, jubilate as part of one of the services at Old South Church.  After having had a brief stint with Crud and not having sung the four days immediately preceding, I was quite pleased with my performance and looking forward to my big audition later in the week.

While I feel my performance wasn't perfect (some of the onsets were not clean), after four days of not singing and hardly talking I thought the outcome was adequate and could not have been much better given the circumstances.  There was a low-quality audio version of the performance available at the Old South web site that I listened to as part of my preparation for the big audition so I could recall how I felt during this performance  The recording is here if you want to listen as well, but place the slider approximately here to find the Allegro:


(Keep in mind this mp3 is optimized for podcasting and voice, and not music; you may have to turn up the volume.)

Well, I think I'll need to be content with this performance because I was not happy with my performance at the big audition.  But that is another blog post.

2 comments:

Diana said...

How beautiful your singing is, Alecia. You're so lucky to have such talent!

Alecia said...

Thank you, Diana. I have a good time singing, so I'm glad to be able to share it with others.