12.20.2008

Neither snow nor rain...

Well, despite the fact that it had been snowing for about 20 consecutive hours, this morning's rehearsal at Old South Church still took place.  The MBTA bus service was even running on time!  After a trudge through the snow and a rather rough warm-up, I was pleased to find myself in good voice (all high notes there!) and rehearsal thoroughly enjoyable. I even felt confident in all my bits by the time rehearsal drew to a close and I stepped out into the snow once more

Despite the fact there will be no organ played this Christmas Eve, the evening will still possess musically dynamic and enjoyable performances.  We've got a brass quintet, timpani, grand piano, cello and clarinet lined up.  Oh, and of course many wonderful soloists.  There may be other instruments as well, but not all people could get to the rehearsal due to the recent snowfall

It's always a lovely evening and the candlelit portion is, perhaps, my favorite.  I hope you'll come! The service will begin at 8 PM on Wednesday, 24 December 2008, with seating at 7 PM.  (Be sure to come early--the pews will be packed.) 

No comments: