12.06.2008

The long wait is over (I think)

Well, I've decided the long wait is over.  I happen to know that some friends of mine who were also on first refusal for the train commuter audition were contacted about the commercial.  However, I wasn't.  No phone call.  No email.  Zip.

Now, typically, when one is on first refusal for a gig, one of two things happens:

  1. the client decides they like you and the casting director calls to hire you for the gig; or,
  2. the client decides they won't use you and the casting director calls to release you from first refusal

In this particular case, neither of these happened to me.  So, any one of these situations could apply:
  1. the client decided I wouldn't be used and the casting director forgot to call to release me from first refusal
  2. the client forgot about me altogether and, consequently, the casting director didn't contact me
  3. the client hasn't finished selecting cast for the commercial and, therefore, the casting director hasn't yet contacted me

Whatever the case, I no longer think I'm on first refusal for this spot and I'm now looking forward to the next audition on my plate.  However, I can't say I'm not curious to know what happened with this one.

3 comments:

'Whalehead' King said...

Keep looking forward. You are good enough and persistant enough that you'll reach your goal. 99% persperation, etc... Keep at it. After all, you've mastered how to look like you can play the violin. If you can do that, you can do anything. With a handshake and good cheer, WK

Alecia said...

Thanks for your support and kind words, WK! I appreciate them. :)

Lavyonstage said...

OMG! Alecia? Is that really you? This will be a blast from the past... it's James Lavender from Austin.

Luke Madsen sent me a random email with a link to your website and I just about fell out of my chair.

I'm so glad to see that you are still going, still creating, still everything. I had heard you were doing some good things at UT, but didn't hear much after that.

Anyways, I'm so glad to see you doing well and would love to catch up with you sometime.

James