12.29.2008

The Gifts of Guests

While working at Walt Disney World, I was constantly amazed with the generosity of the foreign guests who came to see characters.  It seemed those from overseas always came bearing gifts to give to those of us working in entertainment.  Though my repeatedly polite refusals to them were in earnest, I still came away with more gifts than I could believe.  And, in the end, I gave away nearly all of them to others.  Of those I still have in my possession I count: a miniature Mickey and Minnie in Japanese dress; Winnie-the-Pooh stickers; many coloring book illustrations with lines filled in to varying degrees of exactitude; several postcards featuring the character I was performing at the time of gifting; and this lovely plush Chip given to me by an English family (though it appears this doll was purchased in the Japan pavilion at Epcot):

No comments: