10.05.2008

Doin' it with style

Yesterday, I had three music rehearsals on schedule.  They were long-standing on my books, but deep in the recesses of my mind I was not wholly looking forward to going.  All were scheduled to take place at a lovely Cape Cod venue about a 90 minute drive away.  While I enjoy driving, conveniently, one of the ensemble members had a Beechcraft Bonanza which he would be flying there and back, and I received an offer to ride along.  Very cool!   

 
 

The views were great, with not a cloud in the sky.

Once arrived, I learned one of the tenors had driven his refurbished '65 Rambler to the locale, which only made getting around the tiny hamlet between rehearsals that much more classy. 

 
Oh, yes.  The reharsals: two hours in the morning and another two-and-a-half hours in the afternoon with a break in-between.  The primary focus was music for an upcoming concert of Calvin Hampton's music.  Everyone was in good spirits and very relaxed.  I had been asked to bring selections for an upcoming informal concert, as well, so those could be worked too.  However, time never permitted us to get around to that.  Nevertheless, I enjoyed the weekend, the singing, the nearly perfect weather and, of course, the fun modes of transportation. 

1 comment:

Diana said...

You look great in that car!