8.26.2008

Risk and Reward

A few days ago, I had the chance to audition for a role in a major TV series.  It turned out to be just a few lines, but even still--lines are lines, right?  Afterwards, I was beating myself up for not being more quick, more creative, more unique.  So, I took a risk, and made a polite request of the casting director, explaining that so many brilliant ideas had come to me post-audition and asking if there was anyway I might attend callbacks to provide a better audition.  I received a very kind response which said, in part:

"Believe me... you looked professional - prepared - and interesting.  If they go with the 'irish look' I'm sure you'll get a call back.  The role, it would seem, is all about the look...."
Part of me thought, well, when is it not about the look?  The rest of me was simply amazed that the casting director responded!  Wow!  I'm sure I didn't get the job, though.  How do I know?  Callbacks were held yesterday. 

3 comments:

Andy said...

Are you SURE that callbacks were held yesterday? I mean, it's possible that they weren't. They could have been postponed indefinitely or they could have been rescheduled to a later, more convenient date.
Well...they could have...

John Sanzi said...

Alecia, if you were in the casting director's shoes, would you have granted that kind of request? I'm curious because, on August 24, I contacted you to explore your interest in a new opportunity; but you showed no interest. Now, reading your post, I'm wondering if I should take a risk like you did, and try again--explaining it more dramatically to you this time...

Alecia said...

Hi, anonymous John Sanzi-- Thanks for writing (and reading)! I'm afraid to say I don't recall your contact of August 24. Please feel free to send a message to Doug at management@aleciabatson.com regarding your matter. It's possible your message was junked by our heavy-duty spam filter. I'll tell Doug to look for your message...