7.05.2008

Everything I've seen

Recently, I've seen a slew of TV commercials for which I've auditioned once or, in some cases, more than once, but in which I haven't been cast.  And, I guess since they're out now, I can actually tell you which spots they are.  In no particular order:

  • American Express: with Tina Fey and Martin Scorsese: the script is quite different than the one we had in draft, and the spot is rather short.  I wonder if they're saving a longer version for later. 
  • Sovereign Bank: I was put on "first refusal" to do background work in this spot.  However, I wasn't booked and a good friend of mine who ended up working the spot told me they "were only casting for color" (i.e., they were only casting non-white people).
  • Dunkin' Donuts: a new lunchtime product, the flatbread chicken sandwichI could have been the business woman or the server at the "mobile table".  Wait.  Did you see them?  They go by so quickly!
  • Honey Dew Donuts: they were auditioning for an actress to play the "counter girl" in the spot with the fellow ordering a very specific drink--with two straws!  (Hmm.  I don't think I blogged about this one.)  I thought it went well, but it looks like they ended up using the girl from the previous spots.  I wonder why they had auditions.
Working commercials isn't my end-all be-all in life, but they're nice to do as they can help pay the bills.  I just need to remind myself: the right role will come along.  My role will come along.

No comments: