6.18.2008

A quickie

No, no, no, people. C'mon. Get your minds out of the gutter. Seriously...

I just wanted to say that I'm kind of irked I didn't get that last-minute gig for today. An email went out yesterday morning seeking a variety of people for principal roles in a one-day industrial shoot, scheduled to shoot today. It was basically characterized as a first-come first-served gig: the first people to respond would be those selected for the job. I realize that since I replied to the email 46 minutes after it went out, it was highly unlikely I would be selected. But I didn't have any choice, really. I was at an appointment at the time the email went out. I was nowhere near my email. I may have to suck it up and get an iPhone.

In other news, I am excited about the voice over audition I have coming up. The gig is for three spots that require some character work. I just hope I have the chops they're looking for.

It's true, beggars can't be choosers. Or, in a more updated sensibility, those lacking 24/7 email contact shouldn't whine about gigs not got.

No comments: