3.11.2008

Schemin' and Dreamin'

So, as many of you read, I had requested a reimbursement from the MBTA for having to take a cab in lieu of the bus, for which very purpose I fork over a hefty monthly sum so I may have unlimited ride-age on a variety of transport. (I suppose that concept is applicable only when the vehicles show up. I digress.) Well, I actually received a rather timely email response today, which I find somewhat surprising. The majority of the text is below, strange symbols and all. It seems to be mostly a form response with some "personalization" for appeal's sake. Can you spot it?

Dear Ms. Batson:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate hearing from you and we
sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience you experienced due to
delays on bus route Xxxxx. .

The MBTA expects employees to run trips on time. There are
occasions, however, when unforeseeable delays may occur due to
construction, heavy traffic, accidents, adverse weather conditions, etc.
We make every effort to adjust service to minimize these delays. I
will have a chief Inspector up there Sunday to monitor this route so I
can forward something to our Service Planning Dept.

(If you experience a delay of 30 minutes or more, you are
entitled to a round trip refund. To request a refund, please submit an
“On Time Reply Form.” The forms are available online at
www.mbta.com. On the home page, click on “Contact Us,” then
scroll down to “On Time Reply Form.” Or, the forms are available on
all MBTA buses and at all MBTA subway collector booths. For more
information about refunds, or for the status of your refund, contact
Xxxxx Xxxxx at -----@mbta.com or 617-222-xxxx.

Also the 9am trip was disable. And you was correct
they do have radio on the buses.

Again, we extend our apologies. Thank you again for writing.

Xxxxx Xxxxx
Superintendent of Transportation

I'll be keeping an eye out for that "chief Inspector". And, indeed, I am still out the $7.00. Ellen was correct--the T is a few dollars in debt. Surely that's why they cannot reimburse me $7.00 for my inconvenience, but can still afford to pay Mr. Grabauskas his salary.

No comments: