1.28.2008

The next American Idol?

For the last few years, I have been one of the soloists for Boston's Old South Church in Copley Square, where I sing anything I am handed: sacred songs, oratorio solos, solo phrases in chorales, selections for weddings or memorial services. Anyway, yesterday, as I was leaving the church, I passed a couple and another gentleman who kindly complimented me on my singing, saying, "We always love to hear your voice," and, "Thank you for singing!" We got to chatting and one of them commented, "You should be on American Idol." "American Idol!", I laughed. "Why?!" He replied, "Because you're so beautiful and your voice is so lovely." Awwww. I thanked him for the plaudits.

I'm not sure I'll ever be the next American Idol. However, I do know that sometime during Lent, I'll be singing "King David" by British composer Herbert Howells--a really beautiful setting of a magical story. (Check out the appearances page for more details!)

No comments: