8.16.2007

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be

I've just taken a phone call from a good actor-friend of mine who is working on a film with major prospects: it has a great up-and-coming director; there are amazing opportunities for major bigwigs to see the completed work; an excellent cast is on hand, including my actor-friend (we'll call him Bill). It seems an actress with a major part has pulled out, though, and Bill has recommended me for the part! How exciting! It was so thoughtful of Bill to think of me on such short notice.

However, a few things have to fall into place in order for this to happen:
• The project is quick-shooting this weekend and my weekend is already a bit crammed with previous engagements and some singing gigs.
• I would only have three scenes to shoot, but some major direction to learn.
• There may be some contract issues with which to contend. The director is making some calls.

I have to keep reminding myself that if things are meant to happen, then they will happen. But, geez, it would be fun to work on this.

No comments: